Saturday, March 7, 2009

Slow and easy on Saturday.

Catalina Island



It's an insanely nice day here in the Southland- warm, sunny, clear enough to see the ocean, and Catalina island from the nearby hills. Considering the ocean is about twenty miles from here, and the island is another twentysix more, it's not bad at all. There are rare and exceptionally clear days when you can see out past Catalina to San Nicholas island as well. It isn't that good today. So why am I in here typing instead of going out there to enjoy the weather? Sloth mostly. I got no ambition to speak of, and I already went for coffee.


And to tell you the truth, It would be better for me to get away from the internet for a while. I enjoy doing this- sitting here sharing an observation, or just shootin' the shit about things. This stuff is fun. And it's good to be exercising the creative energies. But every time I venture over to American Thinker, Gateway Pundit, or BabbaZee's place, I just get that gutdrop. It's just too tempting to start feeding on the toxic smorgasbord of depressing, and scary stories out there. Sometimes you get that urgent: I GOTTA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! feeling, but -you know- just what is it you figure you should do? I know! A passionate editorial complete with lots of links to demonstrate that teh prez is a facile idiot, who should be tarred and feathered, and run out of DC on a rail. That'll do it! Sure. Or pick any part of the mass insanity that's going on out there; focus on it; make it a cause; fight it...

Look, I don't mean to get cynical. Nor do I mean to demean, mock, or denigrate those who are putting forth an effort to 'stop the madness'.


But you have to divide this stuff into the categories of: Things You Can Change, and Things You Can Not change, and if you can keep your wits when those about you, are stampeding into the The Things You Cannot Change side of the line. Then you're a better man than I am Gunga Din.


I just gotta give current events a rest.


And at this moment I don't even intend to get into serious events of any sort, but I will share this from American Digest: World Builder. You have to scroll down a little. Very strange. Haunting. (to me)Discomforting.

Beautiful. And that's what I have for now.


JWM

No comments:

Post a Comment