Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Seeing Things on Tuesday

Full Armor Double Zeta Gundam


So today it was a lunch pail on the roof.


Mary has been getting up around five thirty to go for an early morning walk with some friends. I've become lazy enough to stay in bed after six some days. I was going to do that this morning, as a matter of fact, but Booger the Cat had other ideas. March from my ankles to my chest. Weeow. weoooow. Swat my cheek. Nose in the face. Stand on the bladder. How the hell did a cat figure that one out?

I was just about to give in and get up when the phone rang, just after six. Another day at Beachside. Fine.

It was a good one, too. Monday was early dismissal so I took care of all Tuesday morning's work on Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning the grounds crew comes, and takes care of the exterior. The kids are testing. No activities. Except for the lunchpail on the roof, the day was as slow and uneventful as a day can be. It was a small day, in the great scheme of things. I took care of a set of duties in the absence of the regular man who does the job. A small cog in a small machine. I know those simple duties well, and I did a good job of carrying them out. I finished the day, and now I'm tired. Tonight we're just goin' for burgers.

Chop wood. Carry water.



In your mind there is a particular lens through which you can see Truth, and Beauty at the core of the most mundane details before you. But it's not an easy view to keep in focus. Sometimes booze, or dope gives you a glimpse in the transition from sober to sloppy. Never works for long, though.

anyway.

Sometimes Big Events cause the lens to click into focus. For the last going on three years now, I've had pretty good access to the lens. And since the service last Sunday, I've been able to look at a lot of things both small and large, and see something priceless in them. Today, things seem to be in focus. Grace. I'll take it while it lasts.


JWM

No comments:

Post a Comment