Tuesday, August 22, 2023

 Mending


It seems like I am through the worst of this awful bug. Despite a round of weird and creepy nightmares I got a decent night's sleep, and this morning I'm ready to maybe get back to work on the stone. I need to get caught up on the Arkhaven posting as well. I had several week's worth of posting ahead in the cue, but I've used up almost all of the slack I had given myself. The slideshow movie is sort of in limbo right now. There may be copyright issues with some of the Beethoven excerpts. There isn't much information available, but as I understand it the streaming platforms all have algorithms pre-set to nuke anything even in cases where the recordings are in public domain. It's a system where you are judged guilty without trial, and have little or no recourse to appeal the machine made censor.  This won't prevent me from showing the film at the museum, or the art gallery, but it may preclude my ability to upload it to any streaming platform.
 I had Nick, the computer whiz, nuke my facebarf account permanently. I am glad to see it gone. The program is next to impossible to delete, and will reactivate with a click for a period of weeks after the command to delete has been executed.
I have come to believe that it is an evil thing, a tool of the darkness that descends on the nation and the world. Blogger is no less of a tool, just another lens in the all-seeing eye, but I am small enough, and inconsequential to the beast. At least for now.
I have found a very fine community at the "How to Meow in Yiddish" blog. P'Bird is a wise, and sagacious host, and I like the other commenters there tremendously. This is the internet at its best. One more of many things for which I am grateful. Hearing from Julie C has also been a blessing. It amazes me how long now, how far back some of these connections go. So that about sums up the morning. Later I'll get a new SD card, and get a copy of the movie off to Richard Hampton, and like I said, maybe even get a little work done on the stone.

6 comments:

  1. It's a strange world we live in, where friendships can grow and conversations be held without ever meeting face-to-face. The people I met at One Cosmos, at least those who are still with us and at least occasionally online here and there, I have considered friends for going on 18 years. I have friends in real life who perhaps knew me better, but time and distance have made those deep connections gossamer thin.

    Very glad you are feeling better. This iteration of the pestilence has landed in our house; one person sick enough to need a doctor appointment, everyone else (so far) suffering only a mild fever or a bit of a cough. God-willing it will stay that way, as we have Things to Do. It may turn out that the current thing to do is be sick and recover, but I rather hope not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a link for IVM that will bypass the ban in C A.

      Delete
  2. Hey, John, it’s me Will, good to hear you are on the mend. And hey, Julie, always nice to see your photons on my iPad. Re online friends one never meets in person, I imagine that this might be a way for people to work out their karmas or whatever with those who are long distance, this before the whole system comes crashing down and we’re all living in 1880 and basically limited to our immediate locales. Just a theory.

    I’ll be checking in periodically and I’ll do some more foraying into the Meow blog site - my first couple of visits kinda baffled me, but I’ll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for dropping by. Meow has become a treasure. Now that I've nuked fb I find myself wasting much less time on line. Here is something for both of you, Will & Julie. I signed on to a file sharing site. If you would like I can send a copy of the Lost Era movie to you for your own viewing & sharing. I won't be modest, here. This is some of the finest work I have ever done. Send me an email at ruatha five two at msn.com I need a little notice because the upload from my end takes about an hour. The mp4 file is about 3.5GB The movie runs about forty minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d love to see it, John, I’ll send email - w.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John! Super glad I popped in! You are a valued friend and commenter at the Meow! Glad we all found each other!

    ReplyDelete