Monday, October 10, 2022

Back at it Slowly

 Back At It Slowly


 This week I drilled through the cylinder, and now I'm cutting the torpedo free from the ring. It's going to get fragile very quickly, which means I won't be excavating by chisel. It's all saw blades, rasps, and rifflers from here on out.

The show at Whittier Art Gallery opened last Monday. Vicky, and her crew put the finishing touches on the displays, and dialed in the lighting. What a difference! It was like seeing a slightly pretty girl turn into a total bombshell after a Hollywood style make-over. The reception is this Saturday. I can't wait. I'll have a bunch of pics later on.


 It has been almost a month, but I'm finally getting back to being productive. I got over to Kaiser last week for blood work, and stuff. Everything came out just fine. Even so, I'm still dealing with low energy, and fatigue. I'll see  a doc this week for the first time since the Chinese bio-weapon was released on the world.
 It's easy to forget that I do have heart issues. I came ridiculously close to cashing in my chips fifteen years ago, but the urgency of such things is strangely short lived.
 Too, the China virus panic, and all that followed came right on the heels of my very, very strange breakdown following completion of The Lost Era Transcripts. Back then I'd been hitting the pipe pretty heavy, and I was just about to take a tolerance break from smoking dope. But my level of stress went so far over the top, that I just said, "fuck it."  I've been going wake n' bake to night cap for going on three years. No problem when you're young, or even middle aged, but I'm seventy now, and that ain't young by anyone's reckoning.   Kaiser drug tested me last week (assholes)- everything from aderall to xanax. Of course it all came back negative, but I still tested hot for THC even though I hadn't smoked in over two weeks. It takes a long time to work out of the system. As it does my energy level is coming back on line, but slowly.

 We had the monthly meeting of the RatRod Riders bicycle Club, Saturday. It was great to get out and ride. For the first time in over ten years we got to see The Wedge in Newport beach on a day with a decent swell. (not my pic)

 Body surfers watch from a distance as a large wave crashes onshore at the Wedge in Newport Beach on Thursday, August 19, 2021, as a big swell from the southern hemisphere moves on to Orange County beaches. (Photo by Mark Rightmire, Orange County Register/SCNG)
"Scuba" Dave Shepherd invited a fellow old salt to come ride with us. Greg showed up with a little bitty dog in his front basket, and a full set of Highland bagpipes in his back pack. Now, we have seen sharks in the water at the wetland jetty bridge on our Huntington rides. One of our claims to fame is that we are the only ride in the OBC with sharks. Now we can claim bagpipes as well. No other cruise even comes close. (left to right: Penny, Jim, Greg with the pipes, and Scuba Dave)
 
  
JWM

No comments:

Post a Comment