Monday, February 7, 2022

Penultimates?

 Penultimates?

We started with this

 

It's Friday night, February the fourth. Insert here obligatory comment on time going just too damn fast. It's going too damn fast. Day's over. I'm so tired I'm seeing things. No pictures this week. I know that there are zillions of followers who wait for the Monday morning rock show, but this week y'all are just gonna' have to keep waiting. Next pics will be of the finished piece. Maybe next week. We'll see.

This is the best and the worst of times when it comes to working through a big project. On the one hand, I'm very happy with the work I've done. I'm close enough to the end that I can see exactly what the finished piece is going to look like. That puts me close enough to the end of this project that I want to hurry up. I'm excited about seeing it all polished up, and on the shelf.

On the other hand, I'm tired. I've been hard at work on this thing since sometime in the last week of September. I need a break, yet I just want to push it through and be done with it. And, like I mentioned last week, I'm kind of locked in on the idea that I *must* have this thing done in time, and entered for consideration in that art show in Brea. I'll rest once this thing begins its long career of collecting dust.

Sunday, 2/6/21

Or until I crap out. Today was the Cyclone Coaster antique and classic bike ride. Our monthly event, The So Cal RatRod Ride,  got its start in this group. We'll celebrate ten years of our event in March. But like I mentioned, I'm burned out. There's a reason for retiring the old farts, and this is it. The pattern seems to be about ten days straight of work, and then collapse, and I'm on my ass for a couple of days. But it's also a sign of  my obsessive nature when it comes to, well, most everything. 

Monday, 2/7/22

I seem to have two modes: total laser beam focus, and a maniacal drive to work, or indifference. The drive has been driving me. I did not sleep much Saturday night, and Sunday was a burn out day. I should have stayed home and flopped, but I needed to get out of the yard, see my friends, and get some recreation. By the end of the cruise I was dangerously tired. The drive home seemed never-ending, and by the time I got here I was just plain feeling sick. Hungry. Dehydrated. Sore. But Mary had dinner for me. A bottle of kombucha put some fluid back in my system. Buddy the Cat needed a hug, and a hold. I hit the sack early, and this morning I'm recalled to life. Ready to grind.

2 comments:

  1. One of the zillions. Always happy for the Monday update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, what Mike said.

    There's a saying I heard in Florida a time or two, "the days are long but the years are short." Yep - the years, the months, the weeks... but then a moment like this one seems to just stretch on endlessly, until it doesn't. Time is a funny, maddening thing.

    ReplyDelete