Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Middle of the Wednesday

 Middle of the Wednesday

 

Sometimes it feels like you just have way too much to do. There are too many projects, too many little tasks, too many annoying details of life that get between me, and what I want to accomplish.
Well, then, what are they?  What projects, tasks, and details are so piled up that I can't get out from under them? Uh- wait, I'll get back to you any minute now.

Well, there is the stone...
You worked on the stone.
And there is the slideshow...
You worked on the slideshow.
The museum show...
You're working on that today.
And Arkhaven! Don't forget...
I've done as much as I need to do for right now.
Barring some unforeseen something, The Lost Era Transcripts will be going live on the Arkhaven site in one week, on Wed.  June 21. I'm holding my breath.

But then there's all the other shit: cars, house, yard, bikes, deal with the DMV. I have a memory somewhere, of having all this kind of stuff on my plate, and still having to do an eight hour working day. Somehow it all got taken care of, or it all would have gone to hell a long time ago.
So anyway. Let's take a look at the rock.
 
This is a make-it-up-as-I-go exercise.  The photos don't show the translucence very well, but this stone takes the light quite nicely. I mentioned in the last post that the long pointed teardrop seems to suggest a female figure. I'm not going to exploit that as a prominent feature, nor am I going to try to "disguise" it with distracting details. The bulge in the teardrop is going to be rounded, and hollowed out like a spoon.

The funnel shape to the right of the tear is going to get hollowed out too. Again, the goal is working toward the light.
 
I'm nearing the point where I break out the drill. It's going to be tricky.  But that's what makes it fun. There will be lots of open work, and thin-cut stone coming soon. After that, the big old rock goes on stage. That's gonna' be a challenge.
For later.
 




1 comment:

  1. From certain angles now it's starting to resemble a seashell.

    Re. getting things done, I have long marveled at the people who manage to work a full day and do all the other things, too. I have never been cut out for that level of busyness.

    ReplyDelete