Saturday, September 17, 2022

Lost Saturday



 Lost Saturday

I didn't sleep at all last Thursday night. Yesterday I was just too burned out tired to do anything. I turned in early last night, and had another miserable long sleepless night. The bike club is cruising today, and I missed it. Just feeling like crap. So anyhow, here are a few more of the stones that will on display at the Whittier Art Gallery in October.
 
Liquid Crystal Bowl. 2001, Italian crystal alabaster



Stonetroll, 2001. California Alabaster


 
Bersquakend 2001, California alabaster



 There is one more stone from the old collection, but I'll save it for the next post. In the meanwhile I'm going to go flop.

3 comments:

  1. So nice. If I read the rules correctly, everything exhibited must also be for sale. How in the heck do you put a price on this art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. But I'm not required to put anything for sale. Pricing is a problem. If you look at stone carvings in galleries or on the web they generally go for high four, to five figure price tags. Not very many people are going to part with that kind of money for a shelf piece. On the other hand, a while back we had a visit from some friends of Mary's family, a Vietnamese couple. Mary's folks took them in when they were new in America, and struggling. They are now quite wealthy. Lan asked me about selling, and I told her what I just wrote about high priced art work. She just shrugged, and very matter-of factly said, Hmm. If they like it they won't worry about the price. That's perspective from someone who can afford it. I will put prices on some, but not all of the pieces. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. We'll see. And good for Mary's parents. No wonder you married her.

    ReplyDelete