Monday, August 29, 2022

A Week in the Stall

 A Week in the Stall


 

Monday 8/29

Just a cactus pic this morning. These guys are doing great. I'll get back to work on the rock in a little while. I got nothing at all done last week. There's a weird kind of rigidity that sets in post middle age. I told myself that since Mary would be gone for the week I'd spend the time getting domestic stuff done. That meant it was sort of against the rules to spend time on the rock. And suddenly it WAS against the rules, and I followed a rule that I didn't really set.
Mary got home yesterday. I got a decent night's sleep, the first in several days. The Skinamalink didn't come home last night, and he still hasn't shown up. Little poop is determined to drive me nuts. Ahhh. He just got in.

*cats*
 
Thu. 8/25/22 
Mary has been enjoying the week at a time share resort out in Palm Desert, leaving me with the house all to myself. Like I mentioned last week, this always lights up the instinct to run like a dog off its leash, and go a little wild. At seventy years of age I should know better. I do, actually, but well...
 I wrote about last Sunday, the one night last week that I did decide to stay up late, eat a few gummies, and buzz out. The night ended up in a high stress searching frenzy for my missing cat, ending with a 4:00 am bedtime, and then no sleep anyway. Of course this was followed by a long dismal day with no ambition, and less energy. Altogether it was far less fun than I had intended to have.
Accomplishments for the week so far?
I got the kitchen floor scrubbed, even behind the stove. I got the bathtub scrubbed out. Did some dusting, and vacuumed the rug. I got the dead leaves raked out from under the backyard hedge. Tightened the chain on my bike.
I got a fair start on my "Artist's Statement" for the October show, too, but there's still a bunch of work, yet. I still gotta' look up a bunch of hard words, and vague metaphysical notions, then figure out a way to sneak them into a few key sentences about sawing on a rock. I hear "stochastic" is popular with the very smart folks these days. "dialectic" is always good for a nod. So are "hermeneutics", and "heuristic".  (I might even throw in anapestic, and trochaic, even though they came from an English class.)
 And I succeeded in not throwing a hand grenade, or firing an RPG at the ice cream truck stalled outside playing toy piano, "Sailing, Sailing" on endless loop.
At least so far.... 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment